Thursday, August 12, 2010

May Flowers and More Seeds...

Salama! Salama! (Hello Friends!!)

I cannot believe it’s already May!! Forgive me for the long delayed update and journey log. Much has transpired since I wrote “Desiree’s India Update” in early January. Since that time, life has been quite the whirlwind…to keep the letter Breve (my new favorite milk with my coffee…steamed please;) I will not fill you in on details of India and Africa—Though there is still MUCH to write and tell you about, and it is a goal to write regular updates as I have had, now 3 months to rest, recover, regroup and realize the AMAZING lessons I learned while adventuring overseas!! Today, I am writing to fill you in on the NOW and immediate things I have been doing and where I am headed in the VERY NEAR future…(sneak peak: Lessons about Seeds, writing, and Bethel’s School of Worship)

Upon returning from India in February, I hid away in my mountain retreat with some dear friends…I caught up on MUCH needed sleep and my body began to readjust to "cold” weather. Believe it or not, I am still adjusting and 62 is cold;)) I began to ask questions about where I would be going in the next season, what dreams God has purposed in my heart and when would I be given my “next assignment”? In Tahoe, it seemed though, the Lord was rather quiet with my “future” assignment, and seemingly He simply wanted me to rest and to begin dreaming BIGGER dreams.

LEARNING ABOUT PLANTING SEEDS
Everyday life back in Southern California

I spent 28 days at my mountain retreat and left READY for “NEXT PLEASE…” and I returned to Southern California eagerly EXPECTING that answer. Yet when I returned I found myself trying to “reenter” and find my place. It seemed being gone for so long the world continued to move forward and I was left feeling disjointed and out of place. This incongruity caused me to dive deeper into my place of safety, in the arms of Jesus, and I began to see, my “next” was actually WRITE before my eyes and based on things that I had begun before travels, and seemingly had forgotten about. I found myself saying, “When can I know what’s next Lord?” To my surprise He said, “When you are faithful with the seeds I have already given you, you will SEE where I will take you.” It was a beautiful “OUCH” moment, yet there is truth in what He spoke and I remembered ALL He had given me to work with; the musical skills, art, writing, studying the Word…He started showing me the principle of sowing and reaping.

(CURRENT PROJECTS;)
I have been given seeds to sow, but the ONLY way they will GROW is if they are planted. I can partially work a field, but if the ground is only tilled, can I expect fruit trees to grow? Absolutely not…I began to look at my life and ask the Lord what seeds was I holding in my hand but not using? He showed me three projects specifically that I had dreamt of and had even begun…one project is actually finished…(See “To Do“ List Below)

Current List of “To Do’s” aka SEEDS
(List not complete)
1. 25 Things To Do when You Are Stepping Out of the Boat (To be edited and published)
2. Autobiography of Daniel de Leon (Children’s book based on adventures of my traveling companion and giraffe)
3. If There is Silence, Be Quiet and Listen (Interactive journal/art book for coffee table use)
Sneak Peaks @ www.facebook.com/dunamisdesi
4. Study with the Master; Pressing in for MORE, worshipping the KING…
Expected Book Completion: Fall 2010!!

My “NEXT”… Bethel Church, Redding CA
School of Worship: June 16-July 9

So, as I am writing in this season, I have also been given my “NEXT”…Yay!! Another seed and gift I have been given is MUSIC, and I have dabbled here and there and led praise for church, prayer houses, mission school, and also on trips like the recent India Adventure…so, I am very excited to tell you that I am going to Redding, CA for Bethel Church’s School of Worship!! I am looking forward to gleaning in the field and learning from musicians and artists who are highly gifted in not only leading praise and worship but who are successful in implementing those skills practically to accomplish much in the fields of songwriting, recording, and ministering to an audience of One…
I am very excited about this next step and I believe it will be beneficial in taking my musical/songwriting skills up a notch and also the foundational elements will add a strength to the already free flowing spontaneous side of me;)

If you are interested in seeding toward School of Worship:
See info Below my nameJ

Planting seeds in GOOD soil = FRUIT!!
In closing, as you may have gathered from this letter, I am in a planting season. I have been entrusted many seeds, and currently I am planting some new ones and cultivating others that have already been planted. A farmer plants a seed expecting a harvest, the Bible is clear about sowing and reaping, and as these seeds are planted and watered they will produce a GOOD fruit. I am looking forward to seeing fruit grow from all of these tiny seeds. I am EXPECTING a harvest from that which He has given me to work with. It’s a beginning and I know that His plan for these “seeds” is far above anything I can ask or imagine for it is His Spirit that is working within me to accomplish it. He who is faithful with little…He trusts with much!!

Thank you for YOUR seeds of faith into my field. Your prayers and support are all a part of the harvest that is and is to come! God is astounding me with His faithfulness on this JOURNEY and I am grateful He uses each of you in special ways in my life to encourage me to RUN for His purposes, I could not continue on this journey without YOU!!

Please continue to pray as He leads and may He bless you in abundance for EVERY SEED you have sown, in prayer, finances, and encouragement!! May He bless you with the FAVOR of His face in EVERY good thing He has for you!! May His hope, joy, love and peace abound to you in Jesus’ name!!

Until the next update…VERY VERY SOON…
Love and Blessings in Jesus,
Desiree

find my paypal@ http://www.desirama.net

No comments:

Post a Comment